Very few toys can hold a child’s attention like a bubble machine. From the wonder of how the bubbles float, to the chase of popping each, to the care in trying to catch one, bubbles give endless joy for children. Blowing those bubbles manually, though, is exhausting! Finding a bubble machine for your little ones can provide hours of fun.
We looked at all types of bubble machines to determine which is the best option for you and the kids in your life, looking at factors like quality, tank capacity, and battery life. We chose the Bubble Machine Durable Automatic Bubble Blower for its durability and the 30-minute continuous use capability.
If you’re looking for a fun activity at home for your family, a bubble machine could provide entertainment for the little ones (and the little ones will give plenty of amusement for the older members of your family). For indoor activities, you may want to steer more towards crafts, and for late-night family fun, why not try stargazing?
Our Top 5 Bubble Machines for Kids
Here are our top picks. Compare the ratings and features of different models to find the right one for you.
|Best Overall||Play Station 4 Pro||4.5|
|Runner Up||AKASO Brave 4 4K WiFi Action Camera||4.4|
|Best Budget Buy||OontZ Angle 3||4.4|
|Best Tech Gift for 14-Year-Old Boys||Apple AirPods||4.4|
|Best Outdoor Gift for 14-Year-Old Boys||Leatherman Wingman Multitool||4.6|
*Ratings are on a scale of 1 to 5 and based on reviews, feedback, and opinions of actual customers
In This Article
Who Should Buy a Bubble Machine for Kids
- Parents of small children – If there is any certainty in parenthood, it’s that your children will go through a bubble phase. And that may be putting it lightly. If you have toddlers, your days may be spent blowing bubbles and pulling things out of their mouths. A bubble machine allows you to entertain, without the pressure of performance.
- Dog parents – For the parent of both kids and dogs, it’s no surprise that the two have activities that overlap. Bubble machines fall firmly in the middle of the Venn diagram of dog entertainment and kid entertainment. A dog’s range is going to be far more impressive, too, since they’re often faster and can jump higher.
- The fun aunt/uncle – Even occasional use of a bubble machine still makes it well worth its weight in gold. Not only will you be the cool uncle/aunt/friend if you have ways to entertain kids and dogs, but there are also those birthday parties and other events that may cause you to bring out your bubble machine to liven things up a bit.
Who Should Not Buy a Bubble Machine for Kids
- Those without children or dogs – There’s nothing that will keep you from enjoying a bubble machine on your own, but realistically, if you don’t have kids, dogs, or a function that will benefit from a bubble machine, it probably won’t get much use. Not that they’re super expensive, but why waste the money?
- Children who are the wrong age – Too young or too old is certainly a factor in your bubble machine needs. If you have a newborn or are pregnant, it’s too soon to be buying a bubble machine. The same can be said if you have a teenager – you’ve probably missed the bubble machine window.
Bubble machines for kids will need to have a few features to make them efficient. Here’s what to consider when selecting a bubble machine for kids:
- Plan ahead for placement – One thing you’ll need to consider is that toddlers put everything in their mouths. So the placement of a bubble machine should always be where you can oversee any eager bubble ingestion. You’ll have to play a bit of interference to make sure your little one doesn’t get a tummyache. Bubbles are a form of diluted soap and ingesting too much soap can cause much more serious health issues and you will not want to risk that by allowing your little one free gobbling reign. Also, make sure you’re placing it somewhere flat and secure to prevent tripping as your child chases bubbles.
- Consider portability – If a bubble machine is a universal form of entertainment, it makes perfect sense that you’ll want to take your bubble machine with you wherever you go. Planning ahead for that kind of movement before you purchase it just makes sense.
- Check battery life – We won’t lie, there aren’t a lot of bubble machines that offer an incredibly long battery life. However, if you know you’re going to be using it regularly, you’ll still want to try to find one that exceeds the typical 1-2 hour life. You probably shouldn’t expect the batteries to last much longer for continuous use, but you can certainly augment life with a dual-power bubble machine.
- Value the dual-powered models – If you appreciate the portability of a battery-operated machine and the long-use capability of an electric plug, then why not opt for a machine that has the best of both worlds? Dual-powered bubble machines aren’t hard to find, and the perks far outweigh the very slight increase in cost.
- Bubble capacity and compatibility – Making your own bubbles is super easy, but if you can only use a specific bubble brand or type on the machine you buy, it’s probably going to limit your options. And there’s nothing more terrifying than the toddler tantrum that arises after you are stuck bubble-less. Similarly, if you have to refill the tank every two minutes, the frustration level you experience may bring about your own little tantrum, cutting bubble time short.
How Much Do They Cost?
As with any product, you’ll find a variety in cost, based on several factors. You do get what you pay for, though, and if you’re looking for a quality product that will last you for more than a few months, you should expect to pay somewhere on the high side of a range from $10 to $40.
The Best Bubble Machines for Kids: Full Reviews
The Bubble Machine Durable Automatic Bubble Blower is a perfect bubble machine for your child. It is built with a durable ABS material, featuring rust resistance and high quality, so that you won’t need to worry about your little one’s inevitable tripping, tumbling, or tossing. It’s built to last!
You’ll also appreciate the safe design of this bubble machine. Little fingers won’t be hurt if they stray too close to the rotating bubble wands. In fact, the one-touch stop completely stops the machine after being touched. It also has a CPC Safety Certification and smooth edges that won’t hurt. Considering how fast the wand must move to release 4,800 bubbles every minute, that’s pretty impressive!
- High bubble output (4,800 bubbles per minute)
- Large tank capacity (30 minutes between refills)
- Dual-Power (UL-certified adapter included)
- 4,800 bubbles per minute may overwhelm your little one
- Louder operation
The Gazillion Bubbles Hurricane Machine claims its bubble production is a hurricane (hence the name) for your little one to enjoy. You’ll have the ease of portability, too, when using this machine, as it is battery-operated. You’ll be hands-off playing with your child in a way that may just allow you to multitask your day – and that’s something any parent can appreciate.
The included proprietary Gazillion Bubbles solution gives you 4 ounces of bubbles to fill the machine up so set up (batteries and solution) and you’re ready to go! You can’t ask for more in such a well-made and budget-friendly bubble maker.
- Brightly colored to stimulate interest
- Includes 4 oz bubble solution
- 1,000+ bubbles per minute
- Bubbles shoot vertically, making it more difficult for children to chase
- No dual-power
The KINDIARY Bubble Machine will complement your backyard beautifully and with the nearly 13-ounce bubble reservoir, you won’t have to run back and forth refilling every 10 minutes. – This is an especially valuable feature due to the machine’s dual power capability. When using the 70-inch power cord, it has, essentially, an endless life!
If the purple and blue theme isn’t your style, then you can check out the yellow seal style, instead. And with the battery power and convenient carrying handle, it has excellent portability. Carry it with you to your backyard, or take it with you to other backyards and make sure you’re the life of any kid party.
- High bubble output (4,500 bubbles per minute)
- Large tank capacity (12.8 oz)
- 2 speeds
- Bubble speed often pops bubbles before your little one can get to them
- Battery compartment incredibly close to bubbles
The Kidzlane Bubble Machine comes in a fun dolphin design kids love. Ten bubble wands rotate to release up to 500 bubbles per minute – the perfect amount for toddlers just learning to walk to chase after. A lot of the reviews on the higher output bubble machines complain about a toddler being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of bubbles, but this is not a concern with this model. But don’t worry, it still has plenty of bubbles that won’t have your little one waiting for the next bubble to appear. And any bubble you don’t have to blow is a win.
You’ll also appreciate the 90-day warranty you get when you pick this bubble machine up. Though we don’t expect you’ll need it, it’s made with high-quality materials that won’t break easily and its balanced and stable base will prevent toppling.
- Low motor sound
- Slow bubble output (500 bubbles) for unstable walkers
- 8 fl oz bubble solution included
- Requires 6 AA batteries (not included)
- No dual-power
The Bubble Leaf Blower with Refill Solution may not be a traditional bubble machine, but the portability and fun are undeniable! Made to look like a leaf blower, one pull of a trigger (and a small wait while the machine “starts up”) and your kid has a bubble machine on the go. Not only will your little one absolutely adore controlling the bubbles on his or her own, but you’ll get the kind of “help” from your kid that does not result in more work for you. So you’ll be entertaining your child with bubbles and they’ll be learning through pretend play.
The bubble machine gives off realistic leaf blowing sounds and offers nonstop bubbles. It’s completely battery-operated and therefore versatile in portability. You can bring this toy wherever you go and keep your little one occupied. (Just make sure they’re not blowing bubbles at the grocery store – those bubbles really can turn a floor dangerously slippery!)
- Pretend play to help teach children
- Battery operated; maximum portability
- Realistic leaf blowing sounds
- Loud leaf blowing sounds
- 30 second “warm-up” before bubble release
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do bubble machines last?
If, rather than the lifespan of a machine, you’re wondering how long the machine will blow bubbles each use before the batteries die or it needs a refill, expect an hour. Different models will, of course, have different times, but the outliers probably shouldn’t form your expectations. The bubble solution runs out faster the higher the bubble output, expect about 15 minutes to a half-hour for most models.
How do you make Unpoppable bubbles?
Can you use bubble machine indoors?
How do you clean a bubble machine?